Random Shit Story #7 - And Then The Email

So this is the sequel of previous stories which is part 1 and part 2. Read it if you wanna understand more :">

And from part two, all I can say is, I have to try another method to get in contact with Thai Airways because that operator said that my ticket have to be settled by the branch in KLIA.

And she gave me their email, which uh, you know, took some time to get it. Sorry gurl :">

So, I open up my email account.

Typed in the email.

And the subject of the email.

"I Want To Cancel My Ticket"

Hmmmm, sounds weird.

And then there comes the writing process. I was somehow stood there in front of my computer for like 20mins thinking about what the heck I'm supposed to write. Zzzz. Yeah, since this is a formal thingy, I figured out I could never used the English I use like in this shit blog right?

Hahaha, which turns out, I started writing ikot suke hati aku je and then voila! I read it all from the beginning and started thinking.

"This is no formal English. Fuck."


Yeap, actually I did write that email according to the English I used to (like the English in this blog) and I started to panic myself, what the hell am I gonna do?

I maybe look good in writing but to be honest, I'm not that good in English, especially in formal situations like this.

I don't know how to get you guys to imagine how my English was in that email, and I'm quite ashamed of myself to copy paste it in here. So fuck you, this is how I wrote that email.


"Hello.

I'm writing an email to cancel my ticket (which the infos are given below).

I just want to ask about the ticket cancellation. I know I have to pay for the cancellation fee. But, what's the other consequences for canceling this ticket? Do I get to have my money back in credit, because I bought it using my friend's credit card or do I just have to let it go plus paying for that cancellation fee, which is yes, such a big loss for me?

Pardon my English."



:">

I dunno guys, don't ya fukken laugh at me. I know I suck.

So, I thought things about refunding the ticket would have been settled then, I just have to wait for the email to be replied and check that ticket's status. So, I was quite relieved, despite knowing the fact that the English in that email is sooooo fuuuu.... Sigh. Sape suruh xbelaja English rajin2 dlu.

And then I contacted Nazeep. And told him to not to get worried because I'm with him and the other ticket have already been canceled. So we talked.


Nazeep : Ha tu la lega2.
Me : So no worries, dh settle, kna tggu die reply je and kompomkan balik, kot.
Nazeep : Ha, kk.


And then suddenly, I thought of one certain thing.


Me : Eh, Nazeep.
Nazeep : Hmm?
Me : .....
Nazeep : Asal2?
Me : Time ko beli tiket utk aku tu eh, asal ko xmintak lgsg no passport aku ape sume?
Nazeep : Entah, die kata tickets for two passenger, aku isi je la.
Me : Ye ke weh, slalu aku beli dgn Duan, msti die mntk no passport aku. Hmmm.
Nazeep : Oh yeke? Kk aku check kejap.




And while he was checking again his tickets, I suddenly had this very humanly chill crawling up my spine. Please, don't.



Nazeep : Weh, adui btol la doh aku silap. Aku dh terisi dua2 ticket dgn nama aku.
Me : Yeke? (Problem again)
Nazeep : Adui, cmne ni eh. Ni 1st time aku beli tiket utk lebih sorg, so xbiasa kan.
Me : Xpe2, lek2, aku pon cuak cmni jgk mcm ko ni td.



And then he left, being all panicked and gelisah sambil2 try pikirkan jalan penyelesaian terbaik.

Which leaves me YM-ing him alone my self, xsedar rupe2nye die dh blah. Yeah, me talking alone. Ain't that sad?

Me : Ko cuba check balik email ko tu.
Me : Mana tau ade mslh kat ctu ke.
Me : Xpon cuba la tgk FAQ and rules kat MAS lagi, bole ke eh tuka2 nama, sbb tuka nama pon klu MHLow xbole dow.
Me : Ha, klu MHLow, xbole tuka nama, xbole refund ko tau x.
Me : Weh.
Me : Zzzzz.



Which made me thinking, klu MHLow pny ticket xle refund and xle tuka nama, hmmmm, then what else could we do to settle this problem then? It's a dead end. I have to pay for my existence which 'menyusahkan' others no matter what. Tgk, English-Malay pon mule berterabur. Sigh.

And then, if this ticket with Nazeep is actually a dead end, ape aku ada? I just sent Thai Airways to cancel my ticket. Ape aku ada?

Ape aku ada wey?

Then mule la aku send 2nd email dgn penuh malu-malu hanjheng. Read it mafackas, peduli, aku dh xtau malu dh ni.


"Hello. This is my 2nd email sent to ThaiAirways.

Regarding my previous email, I asked ThaiAirways to cancel my ticket (which the infos are given below) but for now, I'm asking ThaiAirways to put it on hold, because I have some problems. Just let it be the way it is would be just fine.

But still, I want to ask about the ticket cancellation. I know I have to pay for the cancellation fee. But, what's the other consequences for canceling this ticket? Do I get to have my money back in credit, because I bought it using my friend's credit card or do I just have to let it go plus paying for that cancellation fee, which is yes, a big loss for me?

Pardon my English."



Cool, now they already got my 2 emails and I can sit and relax for now :)

Happy? Yes, I am!




Pala hotak ko happy.



P/s : Better.

5 comments:

ket said...

saja nk gtau bg hg sedap ati sket
bli tket mas dr nihon mmg dia xmntk paspot suma tu..isi nama ja..tp kalau dua2 tiket isi nama nazip tu aku xtau jd cmna..wakakakaka

z@!m said...

saja nk bg xsdap ati
aritu sempai aku slh eje skit pon mas da xbg nek.. tp klo nme laen tros....

kuatkan smngt r zaid.. hak2

zedRadzai said...

@ket
haha xpe2 nazeep tgh dok kasi settle tu. aku plak dok risau thai airways pny tiket :|

@zaim
wakaka aku dh expect the worse dh. cmne pon mmg akan rugi :(

Shakaff said...

macam2 gak masalah ang ni. tough luck bro.

zedRadzai said...

@shakaff
haha agak la boleh thn. tp xpe, bole settle kot ni insyaAllah.